10 January 2008

New beginnings

Hello, welcome, all that sort of thing. I feel like I'm speed dating, which is ironic because I've never been speed dating. What would I say if I were...?

Hi! I'm Maia Strong. I'm a brand new author with Samhain Publishing. What? No. The book isn't out yet. It'll be sometime in the second half of this year. ... This year. ... 2008. ... Riiiiight.

*bing!*

Hi, I'm Maia. I like snowshoeing and playing snowshoe badminton. ... No really. It's way fun! ... Actually I love the rain. I mean, it's not so good for outdoor theatre, but otherwise, sure. Rain on! Gray skies are great even when there is outdoor theatre. ... You don't like rain? Or theatre? Or snowshoes? Buh-bye.

*bing!*

Hi, I'm Maia. Dogs are awesome, yeah. No. I have a cat. She, too, is awesome. You're allergic? That's a shame. And you don't drink coffee? [mutter]Where's that damned bell?[/mutter]

*bing!*

Hi. Maia. Wrote a book--gay fantasy romance. I have a cat and I am addicted to caffeine. I love Shakespeare and baseball. ... You're a Tom Cruise fan and you watch football? Next!

*bing!*

Hi. Maia. Gay romance. Cat. Coffee. Rain. Shakespeare. Baseball. Snowshoes. ... You do? Excellent. Call me sometime and we'll talk smut over lattes at the ballpark!

5 comments:

Kate Davies said...

Very nice to meet you, Maia! Welcome to Samhain!

Maia Strong said...

Thanks, Kate! Great to be here. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey maia! Tom Cruise is your fav huh? Mine too.

Maia Strong said...

Hee, hee. Yeah, I know how much you lurv him, Cyn. ;->

Anonymous said...

mwahahahaha I wants to jump on a couch with him.