28 January 2009

What's she reading this Wednesday?

Actually, I'm in the midst of three books right now. The one I was reading this morning is one I received for Christmas from a friend who knows me well. It's The Pleasure of My Company by Steve Martin. I'm diggin' it. It is only vaguely linear and follows the charmingly disfunctional life of one man. It's fascinating reading how he justifies all the patterns and rules he imposes on himself, the long and complex fantasies he builds for himself, and descriptions of how he interacts with each of the people in his insular world. Steve Martin is one of those hit-or-miss people for me. When he hits, it is dead on target. When he misses, his misses so completely I can't even describe it. This one, for me, is a hit. I recommend checking it out.

No comments: