11 September 2008

Does that make me lazy?

I don't believe in writer's block. If that sounds like high-and-mighty-bullshit, so be it. I used to have a muse, but she went on holiday to Fiji sometime in the late 80s or early 90s. I haven't heard from her since and I've not opened the position to new-hires. I'm a practical person in a lot of ways and writing is one of them. Right now, I am expressing that practicality by owning my uninspired uncreativity. I don't have writer's block. I'm not missing a muse. I am simply feeling completely unmotivated. I'm waiting on a lot of things that are currently out of my computer and control. That's no excuse for my incredible lack o' motivation. I'm just not feeling the love. Fortunately I'm leaving town on Tuesday for nearly a week. I find that a major geographical shift will often kick me back into literary motion. Here's hoping it works again this time.

No comments: